Do you feel like your teeth are yellow or stained and no amount of brushing is helping? SmileSense is happy to offer our patients a one-time free teeth whitening kit.
After an initial exam to be sure there is no decay on any of your teeth (any existing decay will become incredibly sensitive and should be fixed before doing any sort of cosmetic procedures), impressions will be taken of your top and bottom teeth. An assistant will fabricate customized trays made of a plastic material which conform to your teeth only. Our office uses Pola Night 22% Carbamide Peroxide.
1. Place a small drop of gel into every compartment of the tray for the teeth undergoing treatment. (Look in the mirror and smile as wide as you can, you only want to whiten the teeth that you can see when you smile or else you will waste the gel on back teeth that never get seen.)
2. Seat the tray, with the gel, on the teeth.
3. Wipe away excess gel in mouth with a tissue or a dry, soft brush.
4. After treatment*, remove tray. Rinse tray and mouth with lukewarm water.
5. Brush teeth to remove excess gel.
is once per day, for 45 minutes. If you have sensitivity you can
either do a treatment every other day, or decrease the amount of time
the tray is in your mouth (go down to 30 minutes for example).
• Do not eat, drink or smoke during treatment.
• Do not smoke immediately after treatment - wait for at least two hours.
• Foods and drinks containing strong colours should be avoided for at least 48 hours after the treatment period or consumed in moderation.
• Use gel at room temperature.